Lorsque nous avons entendu parler du plan d’action Par-delà la frontière issu d’une collaboration entre les É.-U. et le Canada en février 2014, nous vous avons fortement suggéré de compter le nombre de passages que vous effectuez aux frontières. Maintenant, il y a une banque de données offerte aux Canadiens pour les aider à garder le compte.

Vous pouvez voir l’historique de vos passages à la frontière au cours des cinq dernières années grâce à une base de données en ligne créée par le US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Ce site Web vous permet d’y inscrire de l’information telle que votre nom et votre numéro de passeport pour voir l’historique de vos passages à la frontière au cours des 5 dernières années.

Avantages de la base de données sur les passages à la frontière des États-Unis et du Canada :

  1. Si vous voyagez souvent aux É.-U., ce sera plus simple de garder un œil sur vos passages. Même si vous devriez maintenir le compte pour vos dossiers personnels, cette base de données en ligne est un outil for utile pour vérifier votre décompte.
  2. Elle vous permet de garder un œil sur les erreurs éventuelles. Même si le CBP est très efficace, il se peut que des erreurs soient commises. Cette base de données en ligne vous offre la possibilité de vérifier vos dossiers et vous assurer d’assurer l’exactitude des données avant qu’il ne soit trop tard.
Dossiers de passage aux frontières canado-américaines en ligne
Photo by John M via Flickr (Attribution 2.0)

Comment accéder à la base de données

Accéder à la base de données et votre historique de passage à la frontière est simple. Vous devez juste aller sur la page suivante : U.S. Customs and Border Protection I-94 request page, (en anglais seulement) et y inscrire votre nom, votre date de naissance et votre numéro de passeport. Vous pourrez y voir votre historique d’entrées et de sorties des États-Unis.

Devrais-je toujours compter mes entrées et mes sorties?

Nous vous conseillons de compter vos passages aux frontières américaines et de les comparer occasionnellement pour vous assurer de leur exactitude. Si vous remarquez des erreurs, faites-les corriger sur-le-champ pour éviter tout problème lors de votre prochain passage aux frontières. Il ne faudrait vraiment pas laisser croire au gouvernement des États-Unis que vous êtes sur leur territoire depuis plus longtemps qu’en réalité!

N’oubliez pas votre assurance voyage lorsque vous traversez les frontières

Plusieurs Canadiens ne pensent pas à l’assurance voyage lorsqu’ils traversent les frontières pour un court séjour. Pourtant, les États-Unis sont parmi les pays où les soins de santé coûtent le plus cher. Une visite chez le médecin pour un léger trouble de santé peut coûter des milliers de dollars. Pour ceux qui magasinent régulièrement aux États-Unis, nous vous recommandons un régime d’assurance voyage annuel (voyages multiples) afin que vous puissiez vous rendre de l’autre côté de la frontière sans soucis.

ARTICLE APPARENTÉ : Magasinage transfrontalier – Combien puis-je ramener au Canada?

Si vous avez d’autres informations sur le sujet, partagez-les avec TuGo sur Twitter @tugoinsurance ou en laissant un commentaire ci-dessous!

Bons voyages,


Articles apparentés
  • Tony Berridge

    I tried getting my information and it only went back 1 year not 5yrs as article says. How do I get the information for 5 yrs. I require it for my permanent residents card. Thanks

  • Vish


    I just searched my records and it does not record my last departure out of US. Now I am travelling back to US and worried if this would be a problem. Where do we report and how do we fix this error? I remember surrending my I94 to the airways before I left. So I am really confused.


  • Mark Patterson

    The website linked to is for Canadians travelling to the US not Americans residing in Canada looking for a history of crossing the border to the US. A note for all Permanent Residents keep a full In/Out record of your travels outside the country. It’s a real pain looking for this information when a) applying to renew your PERMANENT Resident Card and applying for citizenship. Also, CIC takes YEARS & YEARS & YEARS to do accomplish anything.

  • http://www.tugo.com TuGo

    Hi Polly,

    Thanks for your question! Border crossings to the U.S. via land and air are tracked by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. You can access your travel history for the last 5 years online by visiting CBP’s I-94 website (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home#section).

    Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) tracks your entries into Canada too, but to access that information, you’ll have to place a formal request for your Travel History Report with the CBSA, which can take up to 30 days. For more details, visit http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html.

    Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions related to cross-border travel records or regulations!

    Happy travels,


  • Dennis Smith

    I stay in California every winter. I cross the border at Niagara Falls and return the same way. According to the I-94 site, they have no record of my crossings. I have double checked it to verify the accuracy of my information. I also checked a friend of mine who goes to Florida every winter. The only record is for a flight into and out of Pearson in 2014. He has crossed at Niagara Falls several times since then and there is no record of it on the I-94 site. It appears that land crossings are not recorded in the database at the I-94 site. Land crossings may or may not be recorded elsewhere, but they are not recorded on the I-94 site.

    • http://www.tugo.com TuGo

      Hi Dennis,

      While the I-94 website helps you view your U.S arrival and departure history for the past 5 years, there is a possibility of an incomplete travel history. As you mentioned (and also as noted on the website), the travel history may not reflect: land border arrivals/departures, closed loop cruise arrivals/departures, air carrier reservation updates, and USCIS updates, changes of status, extensions of stay or adjustments of status. U.S. Citizen and Lawful Permanent Resident travel is NOT provided on this website.

      It also mentions that the website is a only a tool and not an official record for legal purposes. CBP documents travel from a variety of sources and there is no action to take if this travel history is not complete.

      For more information, you can visit the CBP Information Center https://help.cbp.gov/ and contact them directly.

      Happy travels,


  • Kathi Ward Ayliffe

    As a US citizen living in Canada, I am required to produce evidence of visits across the border to my family in the USA, for the past 5 years, in order to renew my Permanent Residence card in Canada. After trying several phone numbers, websites and other links, it seems impossible to obtain this information. What do others do in my situation? I cannot possibly recall all the times I visited my elderly mother in Texas, my grandchildren in Boston for a weekend, or a quick trip to take something to my son at university in Michigan? How do I proceed from here, and if those records are not available will I lose my PR status in Canada? It seems that if this information is requested, there should be a straightforward way to obtain it! Or else what are all the border crossing lineups for when we have to show identification?

    • http://www.tugo.com TuGo

      Hi Kathi,

      I understand your frustration with finding the information you need about your cross border travel history. However, the travel history provided by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is only a tool to assist the public and not an official record for legal purposes. We always recommend that travellers maintain their own records and utilize the tool only to verify the information.

      If you tried to locate your I-94 online and were unable to find it, this link will help you contact your nearest CBP officer for more details (http://ow.ly/cl8k30ccwA7). Alternatively, you could also consider checking your credit card or booking history in the last five years to find more details about your trips to the United States and other destinations.

      Hope this helps,