Know before you go! From travel advisories to currency conversion rates, these helpful travel-related websites will help you feel confident before you hit the road.
The best travel websites for Canadians
— an essential government website for all travelling Canadians!
- Get up-to-date travel advisories and warnings.
- Register with Canadian Consular Services before you leave. They operate 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, through a network of more than 260 offices in over 150 countries.
- Sign up to get travel updates from the Department of Foreign Affairs.
— a currency converter that’s easy to use!
- Quickly convert rates.
— travel advice and information for Canadians
- Includes chat forums, news, flight/hotel prices, destination guides and more.
— international travel and health site!
- Provides information on health risks for travellers worldwide.
- Includes interactive maps and the WHO guide on safe food for travellers.
— Centre for Disease Control and Prevention
- Online source for credible health information (see travel advisories), emergency preparedness, healthy living and information for travellers.
— World Weather
- Includes regional and national forecasts.
- Online source for global news.
— map search
- Get specific directions to anywhere in the world!
- Rent an apartment or room in your destination of choice
- Choose amenities like wireless Internet, TV or kitchen (for more budget accommodation ideas click here!).
Bookmark these links today! Access them anytime, from anywhere in the world.